Sunday, May 9, 2010

Finals VS Lazy The Slothbeast

I've had a class this semester that was quite easy - technical communication. Regrettably, despite a full English B.A., they seemed to think I sitlll needed halp wit my speling and grammer. Teh fool!s
So I've ended up in a position where I could not study (read - get a 25% by sheer multiple choice guesswork) and still walk away with a B. I could also, with minimal luck (65%) get an A.
I've always wondered how much I actually absorb in a semester and how much is just put in the night before a test and immediately lost. Of course, I've never had the gall to test such a thing.
However, I'm quite tempted now. My GPA did nothing for me in my previous job hunt, and I've always wanted to know the answer to this question. Do tests actually test on long-term knowledge absorption? Or is it really a cramming arms race? What really is the point of exams if they're just a measure of how well you can briefly recall information?
Or am I just enjoying the option to laze my way through this?

~John

No comments:

Post a Comment